Lukas has been in Digital Analytics since 2008, currently working as fulltime freelance consultant. Previously he had grown the insights culture and infrastructure as BI Lead for Chefkoch.de the largest german recipe database. Lukas is a renowned speaker at multiple conferences.
Senior Consultant Digital Analytics and Marketing 04.2019 - 01.2020
Chefkoch.de – subsidiary of Gruner + Jahr and Bertelsmann – is the food website with the widest coverage across Europe, ranking 3rd globally. Currently, I’m using and advancing the data and insights infrastructure I had built, to support Chefkochs paradigm shift to a user centric approach. My current focus, working 6 months in part-time while on parental leave, is on advancing Chefkochs marketing to enable a personalized user communication.
Team Lead Business Intelligence 04.2016 - 05.2018
With an increasing sophistication of data usage at Chefkoch, grew the demand for a comprehensive analytics and data team. Having an overview of requirements and leading the hiring process allowed me to shift into a leadership role. In the past 3 years while leading the analytics team to make Chefkoch more data driven, i was able to contribute to a comprehensive career development process for all employees at chefkoch in conjunction with a salary review process for very flat organizational structure.
- Responsible for a staff of 2 digital analysts and 1 data scientist
- Creating and managing a team retrospective and improvement culture
- Clearing external requirements and expectation management in an agile and lean project environment
- Staff development
- Establishing team performance metrics
- Switch from Webtrekk to Google Analytics
Freelance Consulting since 09.2017
Making side projects billable had me launch a consulting business. Helping within my network of acquatinted digital professionals and their work helped me keep in touch with the diverse challenges in the digital analytics field.
Senior Digital Analyst 01.2015 – 04.2016
Starting out at Chefkoch GmbH, my work focused on building and growing a company wide insights infrastructure to enable data driven decisions.
Among others tasks, this process encompassed
- Full Scale Requirements Management and Analytics Implementation Audit (Webtrekk)
- Customizing the implementation and Reporting infrastructure to better suit data needs
- Training and Workshops with teams to increase data awareness in decision making
- Project Management for a Bespoke Chefkoch Analytics Platform to superseed 3rd Party Vendors. At first via the Apache Big Data Stack (Hadoop) and Docker then the AWS Stack, finally settling on a Snowplow Analytics implementation.
Senior Web Analyst 08.2014 – 12.2014
HRS – Hotel Reservation Service and HRS Global Hotel Solutions is one of the market leaders in the global business travel market, and in Europe, HRS is one of the top three hotel portals. Working in a Web Analytics Team within the Business Intelligence Department of 23 People strengthened my insights into BI Processes beyond Web Analytics and working with raw Data on a large scale.
- Ad-hoc Reporting for C-Level Stakeholders and Anomaly Task Force Groups
- Planning, Creation, and Support of bespoke Reports (Adobe Analytics)
- Consulting Product Management in data-driven decisions
- Supervising Data Governance routines
- Tag management (Tealium)
Digital Analyst & Product Owner (Scrum) 06.2011 – 07.2014
Sparhandy GmbH is the leading, independent, online reseller for mobile-contracts in Germany. Laying the groundworks for a data driven marketing approach i was able to use my experience in online marketing and web technology to act as interface between marketing and IT department. To alleviate constraints in Product Management my analyst role expanded in 2013 to include Product Ownership of sparhandy.de.
- Web Analytics - Defining and implementing a digital marketing and measurement model and in-house training for Web Analytics (Google Analytics)
- Website testing & usability optimisation
- Developing and programming internal tools for process optimisation
SEO Consultant and Application Developer 09.2008 – 06.2011
Now part of Artefact Global, Metapeople GmbH offers customised solutions for national and international online marketing projects in SEM, SEO, affiliate marketing, social media, and online media. During my time here i completed a certified vocational training as specialized computer scientist for application development while also working on the agency’s internal tracking technologies and working with customers in SEO.
- 2018 Masterplan.com
Expert Speaker for Tracking and Analytics
- 2017 Analytics Summit, Hamburg
Erfahrungen, Erkenntnisse und Ergebnisse, Google Analytics im Einsatz bei Chefkoch: Guten Appetit!
- 2017 eMetrics Summit, Berlin
Die Siebensachen einer eigenen Trackinglösung
- 2016 Digital Analytics Hub, London
Discussion Leader Data Visualisation – It Is More Powerful Than You Think!
- 2015 Hochschule Fresenius, Cologne
Guest lecturer online marketing and ecommerce
- 2015 eMetrics Summit, Berlin
Ein neues Rezept für Webanalytics, Erfahrungen beim Aufbau einer eigenentwickelten Webanalytics-Plattform
- 2015 Digital Analytics Hub, London
Discussion Leader Behaviour Modelling – In Search of Concrete Conversion Signals
and DIY Analytics – Developing Your Bespoke Technology Stack
- 2012 OMCap, Berlin
Webanalytics and Customer Journey in der Praxis
- 04.2014 – 09.2015 Fernuniversität Hagen, Germany
Major in Business Informatics
- 2011 Chamber of Industry and Commerce Certification
Specialised computer scientist for Application Development
- 2006 – 2008 RWTH Aachen, Germany
Major Computer Science, minor Medicine
Fluent in English and German. From Age 11 on, I spent 6 Years in the USA.
Basic Knowledge: Terminal (Bash), AWS, Google Cloud, Adobe Analytics, etracker, Power BI Tools for Excel, Tableau, D3js, Python, R