- Dopamin: Focus, Motivation, Memory
Suspense, Cliff-Hanger, Story Telling
- Oxytocin: Generous, Trust, Bonding
- Endorphin: Positive, Creative, Relax (reduce stress), Focus
- Cotisol & Adrenalin: Intollerant, Iratable, Uncreative, Critical, Memory Impaired, Bad Descision
Functional Story telling
- you are a great story teller
- write down storys - you have 2 to 4 times more storys than you think
- index your storys: Laugh, empathy
- use storys
100.000 Years Ago we started developing our language.
Its sound to say that we started using Story Telling to transfer knowledge from Generation to generation
27 000 years age we started transfering knowledge from generation to generation through cavepaintings
3500 years ago we started transfering knowledge from generation to generation though text
28 years ago powerpoint was born.
which one do you think our brain is mostly adapted to?
Framing - get different reactions from the audience
- understand that: you say - culture filter - they think
- Understanding is Frame dependant:
Values shape Culture thus Framing
Neither revolution nor reformation can ultimately change a society, rather you must tell a new powerful tale, one so persuasive that it sweeps away the old myths and becomes the preferred story, one so inclusive that it gathers all the bits of our past and our present into a coherent whole, one that even shines some light into the future so that we can take the next step… If you want to change a society, then you have to tell an alternative story.